If you want to cultivate a habit of reading books more often, here are some strategies you can try:
1. Set specific goals: Determine how many books you want to read within a certain timeframe, such as one book per month or 20 books per year. Setting goals will give you a clear target to work towards.
2. Make reading a priority: Dedicate specific time slots for reading in your daily or weekly schedule. Treat it as a priority and allocate uninterrupted time for reading.
3. Create a reading routine: Establish a consistent reading routine that works for you. It could be reading for a few minutes in the morning or evening, during your lunch break, or before going to bed. Consistency will help make reading a habit.
4. Carry a book with you: Keep a book with you wherever you go, whether it’s a physical book or an e-book on your smartphone or e-reader. This way, you can utilize small pockets of time, such as waiting in line or during your commute, to read a few pages.
5. Find the right genre and books: Explore different genres and authors to find subjects that genuinely interest you. When you’re engaged with the material, you’re more likely to read more often. Experiment with different genres and see what captures your attention.
6. Create a cozy reading environment: Set up a comfortable and inviting reading space in your home. Find a quiet corner, add some soft lighting, and make it a relaxing and cozy environment that encourages you to pick up a book.
7. Limit distractions: Minimize distractions that can interfere with your reading time. Put away your phone, turn off the TV, and find a quiet place where you can focus on the book.
8. Join a book club or reading group: Consider joining a book club or participating in a reading group. Engaging in discussions about books with others can enhance your reading experience and provide motivation to read more.
9. Keep a reading log or journal: Maintain a record of the books you read, along with your thoughts and reflections. This practice can help you stay accountable and provide a sense of accomplishment as you see your reading list grow.
10. Start with shorter books: If you’re finding it challenging to read lengthy books, begin with shorter ones or novellas. This approach can help you build momentum and confidence in your reading habit.
Remember, the key is to start small and gradually increase your reading time and the complexity of the books you choose. Enjoy the process and allow yourself to savor the joy of reading.
Written by: Studio Pen
Podcasting with Beginners
For this episode, We are discussing podcasting in general. The pros and cons, and most especially, the requirements to begin. In discussing the requirement to start up a project, you must first deliberate on the approach, the intention, the idea, and the purpose.
Hence, we are highlighting several motivations, telling stories that will ignite your interest, discuss physical attributes.
Podcasting is easy and fun if you start with the right mind and motivation. It’s a project that grows with time and you have to be ready to nurture her.
Host Speaker: The Radio Apprentice