Remix your daily meals ( Eat balanced)
The the sole sake of a healthy existence, we are obligated as a need, to consume 40 different nutrients, and no lone meal or fruit can supply them all. Eating balanced expresses the presence of a balanced diet, so its not about eating variety of meals, its about consuming the varieties that your body needs to stay healthy.
- Perhaps, a protein breakfast, a carbohydrate lunch and a vitamin dinner.
- Junk should be consumed in rare times or never, lets kids who have nothing to worry about at the moment, enjoy.
Although, fats are important for good health and proper functioning of the body. However, too much of it can negatively affect our weight and cardiovascular health. Different kinds of fats have different health effects, and some of these tips could help us keep the balance right:
- We should limit the consumption of total and saturated fats (often coming from foods of animal origin), and completely avoid trans fats; reading the labels helps to identify the sources.
- Eating fish 2-3 times a week, with at least one serving of oily fish, will contribute to our right intake of unsaturated fats.
- When cooking, we should boil, steam or bake, rather than frying, remove the fatty part of meat, use vegetable oils. Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables
Sugar and salt intake
Consume more fruits if you must explore a higher quantity of natural sugar, any other source other than that, must be consumed in moderation.
While you are advised to eat on proper schedule, make sure you are eating in moderate portions.
Drink plenty of fluids
Adults need to drink at least 1.5 litres of fluid a day! A glass in the morning preferably.
Maintain a healthy body weight
The right weight for each us depends on factors like our gender, height, age, and genes. Being affected by obesity and overweight increases the risks of a wide range of diseases, including diabetes, heart diseases, and cancer.
Excess body fat comes from eating more than we need. The extra calories can come from any caloric nutrient – protein, fat, carbohydrate, or alcohol, but fat is the most concentrated source of energy. Physical activity helps us spend the energy, and makes us feel good. The message is reasonably simple: if we are gaining weight, we need to eat less and be more active!
Make physical activities and workouts a habit!
Physical activity is important for people of all weight ranges and health conditions. It helps us burn off the extra calories, it is good for the heart and circulatory system, it maintains or increases our muscle mass, it helps us focus, and improves overall health well-being. We don’t have to be top athletes to get on the move! 150 minutes per week of moderate physical activity is advised, and it can easily become part of our daily routine. For instance,
- I prefer to use the stairs instead of the escalator / Elevator, when at work or at the mall.
- I intentionally work around during lunch break to check up on everyone around the office, including the security guys outside.
- After work, I get to trek long distance before stopping a cab.